The EULA and this Policy outlines under which conditions you may create and distribute User Generated Content (UGC) of Frontier's games. UGC includes, but is not limited to, modifications, levels, saves, blueprints, audio files and texture upgrades. This Policy is incorporated in the EULA, by reference,
Frontier publishes games which may include intellectual property that is not owned by Frontier, therefore Frontier does not allow the use of UGC to all the games that are published by Frontier. If you are unsure of which games are affected, please open a support ticket at support.frontier.co.uk.
This Policy applies to all UGC created by you, including UGC distributed through third party platforms such as Frontier Workshop.
- You agree that any element of the UGC which represent, derive from, or is based upon the game (for example characters, settings, plot, art, design work, sound and locations) shall be owned by Frontier, and you agree that all rights and interest into such UGC shall vest solely with Frontier.
- Frontier may provide access to UGC tools for you to create UGC. Provided that you comply with this Policy and the EULA, and upon your acceptance of the EULA, Frontier grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable right and licence to install, access and use in-game UGC tools and any other related tools provided by Frontier to you to create UGC.
- Any use of the UGC tools, creation and publication of UGC, is for strictly non-commercial purposes only, and you may not accept any fees or donations for your creation and publication of any and all UGC. Please open a support ticket at support.frontier.co.uk if you want to use the UGC for any commercial purpose.
- By publishing UGC based on a Frontier game, you hereby grant to Frontier and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, adapt, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, publicly display and publicly perform your UGC. For clarity, this license shall include the right to make the UGC publicly available through other channels of distribution. This license shall survive termination of the EULA.
- Your UGC may not contain any material which (i) resembles, copies or uses any third party Intellectual Property including, but not limited to, any logo, character and trademark; (ii) infringes any applicable law; (iii) incorporates any third party assets, from other games published by Frontier or any other third party; (iv) has any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, or any other similar software or program; (v) is obscene, indecent, pornographic, offensive, defamatory, fraudulent or threatening; (vii) causes or may cause Frontier, its affiliates, licensees or licensors to be brought into disrepute.
- You represent and warrant that any UGC created by you (i) does not violate any applicable laws or regulations; (ii) does not violate Intellectual Property or any other rights of Frontier or any third party; (iii) is your original creative work and does not violate any third party rights. Frontier disclaims all liability to any UGC, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Frontier and its employees, affiliates, licensees, contractors and directors from any damages, losses, cost and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising directly or indirectly from any acts or omissions associated with the use of any UGC which you create or publish.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to any UGC tools made available to you by Frontier, or to terminate your licence for any UGC created or published by you. Frontier is under no obligation to use or distribute any UGC, and you understand and agree that Frontier may restrict, remove or discontinue to distribute your UGC for any reason and at any time, at Frontier’s sole discretion.
If you have any questions regarding this UGC Policy, please contact us by raising a ticket at customersupport.frontier.co.uk.